Sunday, January 10, 2016

Sugar-Topped Molasses Spice Cookies

From Dorie Greenspan's cookbook, "Baking:  From My Home to Yours," here's a delicious example of her Sugar-Topped Molasses Spice Cookies.

A few of my co-workers had colds this past week, and in order to circumvent those germs lodging into my system, I made a huge pot of chicken soup with turmeric, ginger, chicken bone broth, etc. After being on this liquid preventative cure for brunch, lunch, and dinner, I was starving for a carb. Ha!

It was snowing and blowing outside, and I thought, molasses cookies sound perfect about now.  After an in-depth cleaning of my kitchen cabinets last weekend, I knew I had molasses in the house so it was a go.

I have Dorie's cookbook (I even met and talked to her at a book signing!), but rather than write it out here, I wanted to link to her website.  Unfortunately, because the recipe is old, it doesn't appear that it's included on the site.  Instead, here's a link to epicurious.com which does.  Enjoy the warming, winter spices of these delicious cookies!

Sugar-Topped Molasses Spice Cookies




No comments:

Post a Comment