Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Cranberry Walnut Clementine Cake

Yesterday I felt myself wanting a piece of happiness so I baked this Cranberry Walnut Clementine Cake.  It's still the holiday season so I actually had fresh cranberries in my refrigerator...and fresh clementines (!) which the recipe didn't call for, but the rind and juice of which I added.  Can you imagine that heavenly scent?  I almost think each morning I should squirt clementine juice and wonderfully bitter zest through the air!  O.k., so I'm getting carried away, I know.

I'm not sure why I don't post more of my baking...this I shall change, sweet foodie followers, for it brings me back to my youth when I would bake constantly in our large kitchen and dream of working at Chocolatier Magazine and being a pastry chef!

Now, I have a tiny kitchen, but I still love to bake.  It's art that edible, no?   Ironically, if I post a piece of artwork or a culinary creation, the latter seems to always garner more interest.  Not sure what that says about my art! ha!  Anyway, I'm just doing both for myself, I suppose, and am hoping you like to look at it, too. (-:

Cranberry Walnut Clementine Cake with Blueberry Acai Tea

No comments:

Post a Comment