Sunday, July 20, 2014

Nutty Berry Crumble

Helllllooooooooooo--

I'm back to this sweet blog...My plans of baking a pie a week went by the wayside when I'm almost always the only one in the house eating the pie!  My husband is not a pie guy, so I had to take a break-i-poo.  I didn't mean that to be for months! ha!

Well, it's July now, which means it's National Blueberry month.  Here's a tasty recipe from Sweet Paul's cookbook called "Eat & Make."  Nutty Berry Crumble was finished off in 2 days.  I used Jacobsen Salt Company's vanilla bean salt which adds something special to any sweet recipe.  Since I discovered it at Williams-Sonoma, it's pretty much the only salt I use for desserts.

Anyway, the crumble was delicioso!  It contained blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries and the crumbled had walnuts, pecans, and almonds--quite the double trifecta! I also made a blueberry buckle coffee cake off some bag of gluten-free flour, but forgot to take a picture of it.  Oh yeah, so how do these recipes fit in with a pie blog?  Well, a crumble is close to a pie, I'm thinking, so that's the way I'm going to roll it.  Pun intended! (-;

Nutty Berry Crumble




No comments:

Post a Comment