Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Chai Butternut Squash Bundt Cake

The Midwestern air is turning sweeter and dryer as the corn fields turn a pale white-gold color. With fall approaching, I thought this Bundt cake might hasten its arrival.  Nah, I didn't really think that, but I am yearning for the end of heat and humidty, and butternut squash sounds like it belongs to cooler days.  You can't taste the squash in the cake, rather it serves as a tendering and moist ingredient just like bananas and zucchini, and well, pumpkins do when included in sweet bread.

(As you can see, we dug in before I got a picture taken!)

This recipe comes courtesy of Bake From Scratch Magazine, published by Hoffman Media.  Here is the link for the Bake From Scratch website.  I don't see anywhere on these two websites saying I can't post a recipe. I will tell you this, it was delicious! (-;  The cake also has a Walnut Sauce that goes on top, but I didn't make it--I felt like the cake was rich and sweet enough.

P.S., the magazine runs $12.99, so it's fairly pricey, but I truly think it's worth it--loads of recipes and information and high-quality photos.

********

O.k., I just typed out the entire recipe and then thought to look at the magazine masthead where it states that the recipe IS copyrighted and you can't publish without written permission, so forget it.  Just get the magazine and follow them on Facebook and Instagram at #thebakefeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment