Tuesday, April 19, 2016

SMEG Standing Mixer

Sweet peeps, I once had a Kitchen Aid mixer which I loved, and which was incredibly well-made.  I sold it (long story) and have been without one for I'd say about 8 years.  Then, I fell in love with the Italian-brand SMEG.  I love their Jetsons-like retro lines.  I first got a toaster in baby blue.  Then a year later an electric teapot in the same color.  Any then just today, I finally, almost a month after my birthday, received this belated gift from my man (hmm--he didn't forget, it just was a special back order).

SOOOOOOOO, here it is.  My new stand mixer--in the same baby blue as its siblings.   I am in love, and immediately put it to good use by making an orange poopyseed cake.

Isn't she a beauty?!


My first creation from it (no way could I not use it immediately!) was orange-poppyseed cake.  Zest of 2 oranges, 2 T. of poppycakes, and almond extract, and almonds toasting on top made our house smell soooo yummy.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment